Ok, ok, I know, bad blogger. Here we are into week two of my piano on the street and I still haven't finished my time warp! Which is bad because I have so many new things to show you about this week on the street and the amazing people I've met at my piano. So this post is mostly going to be pics of the piano evolving so we can get up to present day ASAP. So we left off with Amanda's face on the right side of the piano and a need for more body parts ;) Here's the evolution from that point on in pictures:
Then I did a bunch of priming - FYI priming sucks. That stuff sticks to everything and stinks like you wouldn't believe. Also, it's a real pain to get out of brushes. However it is necessary and made the piano nice and spooky white. Take a look:
Then, after doing a late night casting session with Sonia (THANK YOU SONIA) it was time to deal with the top of the piano. Enter the dreamers:
Then more priming and gessoing (I used the super thick Liquitex gesso on all the plaster pieces - that stuff is awesome).
And then it was finally time for paint! Next post = COLOR :)